Get your daily, bite-sized digest of cryptoasset and blockchain-related news – investigating the stories flying under the radar of today’s crypto news.
- Blockchain security company PeckShield warned that a project calling itself Terra Luna Classic and claiming to be the original Terra (LUNA) token is a honeypot scam, which means it appears to be vulnerable but contains hidden traps to catch those who would try to exploit the vulnerability. The project claims to be the “original” LUNA token after the network’s hard fork, but the company warns that the hard fork has actually not yet happened.
- A man from Singapore has won a court injunction to stop any potential sale and ownership transfer of an NFT that was previously owned by him, according to The Straits Times. The man is seeking to repossess the NFT known as Bored Ape No. 2162, which he had used as collateral for a loan from another user who refused to give it back.
- FTX launched its stock trading option in private beta, currently available to a limited number of US users but set to be available to residents of all US states in an unspecified future. Brokerage services are offered by their broker-dealer, FTX Capital Markets, they added.
- Coinbase announced the launch of their crypto-native think tank called Coinbase Institute. The Institute will publish research, collaborate with thought leaders and academics, partner with academic institutions, and build an in-house team to work on spreading crypto and Web3-related awareness, they added.
- German stock exchange Boerse Stuttgart, via its Bison crypto platform, and European online broker flatexDEGIRO announced a partnership in crypto trading that will enable customers of flatexDEGIRO in Germany and Austria to have direct access to trading in major cryptoassets through their flatex accounts by the end of the third quarter of 2022.
- Bitcoin (BTC) mining hardware manufacturer and computing solutions provider Canaan announced that its revenue in the first quarter of 2022 was RMB 1.35bn (USD 214m), or 237% more than in the first quarter of 2021, which they attributed to the increase in total computing power sold and the average selling price per terahash per second (Thash/s). Also, for the second quarter of this year, they expect total net revenues to be in the range of RMB 1.6bn (USD 252.4m) to RMB 1.8bn (USD 283.9m), representing an increase of 48% to 67% from the second quarter of 2021.
- Blockchain games company Azra Games raised USD 15m in a seed round led by Andreessen Horowitz (a16z). The funds will be used for the development of their first game, which is a sci-fi/fantasy collectibles and mass combat RPG code-named Project Arcanas.
- Web3 cross-chain wallet BitKeep announced it raised USD 15m in a Series A funding round that brought its valuation to USD 100m, led by Dragonfly Capital.
- Crypto intelligence firm Chainalysis announced a new blockchain analysis tool called Chainalysis Storyline, which they say is designed to visualize smart contract transactions, including DeFi and NFTs. It lets users reconstruct transactions related to certain assets even over different blockchains and protocols to illustrate the movement of tokens.
- Satoshi Labs, the company behind the hardware wallet Trezor, has appointed Jan Andraščík as Chief Information Security Officer. Andraščík has previously worked in information security architecture roles for companies including consultancies Accenture and Deloitte.